Thursday 10 May 2012

Yousuf Karsh.. portrait photography

I'm going to explore certain areas in the photographic industry that I am interested in and that I would consider an area of photography that I would love to continue as a career.


Throughout A-level Yousuf Karsh was a massive influence on my 2nd year. I looked at his work and loved his environmental portraits which is what I aimed for in my A-level exam. Environmental portraits is a portrait that involves the subject in their environment or a specific place that will make them feel more comfortable. For environmental portraits you can even have a studio and photograph them with a certain object (such as a paintbrush) to show the viewer what the subject does.


Examples of Yousuf Karsh's work:








My work (in a similar to this style)






No comments:

Post a Comment