Wednesday 9 May 2012

Things I love in photography

*COLOUR THAT IS VIBRANT..


I think my inspiration for this has derived from 'pop art' in the art world. 


Andy Warhol's 'Soup'


My Work



















*SHALLOW DEPTH OF FIELD..


I've always loved these kind of images because it helps the viewer to focus on a certain aspect. I also love focusing on something that isn't centre placed.


Example
Slow Measurement

My Work








*NATURE..


Nature, i find, is beautiful to photograph such as flowers as you can get a variety of sizes, colours and shapes. Usually these are taken with a shallow depth of field too.


Andy Small's 'Flowers at Firle'



My Work











*REFLECTION


I love reflection because of its simplicity and that it can confuse the viewer as I love to flip the image around so that the reflection is the main part of the image. The ripples from the water can create a beautiful photograph too.


Ernst Haas' 'Bridge Reflection'



My Work









*INTERESTING / UNIQUE IMAGES


I love to make my photographs unique to the typical images and try to find new angles or things to take images of.



Martin Parr


My Work







*LEADINGS


In photography I am obsessed with leadings as it can imply a lot of my favourite things in it such as shallow depth of field, vibrant colour and nature, and I think these kind of photographs are really nice on the eye.


Example:




My Work
























*ANIMALS


I have only recently come to liking this specific genre. It came about when I was sat in my garden taking photographs and I started taking photographs of my dog. He is an American Cocker Spaniel which look quite unique.. especially when his hair is long.


Joel Sartore:


My Work:










*PORTRAITS


Portraits is also a new area I have been looking at. 


Yousef Karsh


My Work









I have other portrait photographs in a previous post but I didn't want to post them twice! These are from a different shoot - unedited but I really like these too.


(Some images are centred as to the left it would leave a big gap underneath)

1 comment: