Saturday 7 April 2012

Why Photography?


Photography has always been a hobby of mine, but in recent years I discovered it to be much more. I began studying photography at GCSE as I found it interesting at the time, and as this course continued, I realised that I had a passion for photography and wanted to pursue it. With my A level study I feel I flourished whilst researching different photographers that have fascinated and inspired me. I have been surrounded by enormous picture taking opportunities in the environment I live in being near the coast and this has further sparked my interest. 
I have enjoyed looking at many genres of photography specifically environmental portraiture, documentary and macro photography and am inspired by the work of Yousuf Karsh, Denny Renshaw and Cindy Sherman's untitled film stills. They all have a unique expression through their photography and I find it inspiring and I was influenced by these photographers and it even changes the way I look at things such as nature, landscapes and even people which makes me look for photographic opportunities in everyday situations.
 I am thrilled that I have the opportunity to study photography everyday and learn new techniques and skills that will help me in the future.
'You don't take a photograph, you make it' Ansel Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment