Saturday 28 April 2012

Inspiration - Cindy Sherman

Ever since I started photography (learning through lessons) I have had a certain few photographers that I look up to and love their images and what they represent, or simply the effective colours that they use.
My main inspiration is Cindy Sherman.

Untitled (Film Still #3) 1977

Untitled (Film Still #13) 1978

Untitled (Film Still #63) 1980

Untitled (Film Still #12) 1978


This is taken from her 'Untitled Film Stills' which I love the idea of. Cindy Sherman is most well known for this series of images which shows women struggling with everyday social roles that society upholds on women, revealing gender to be an unstable and constructed position. She has been an inspiration to me for a few years, I love the series trying to show how women are viewed but also that she herself is the model and shows different emotions using the environment as a prop (environmental portraiture).

No comments:

Post a Comment